How to root galaxy s4 i9500 with odin on android lollipop 5.0.1
In the previous post we talk about “what is rooting and what are the benefits of rooting“. Today we will show you the simplest and the safest way to root your Galaxy S4 I9500 with the help of Odin.
Things you do before rooting your device, Follow these steps:
1. First check your Pc have the latest USB Drivers installed for your Device. The simplest way to install USB drivers for your device is to install Samsung Kies in your PC.
click here for Samsung Kies to download.
2. After installing the Samsung Kies Backup your entire phone with Kies . It is very simple there is a backup option in Kies.
3. After backing up your phone make sure you enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Device.
Follow these steps to enable USB Debugging mode in your Device
- Go to the Settings
- Click on more
- Scroll down at the bottom, you will see “About Device” click on it.
- Scroll Down, you will see “build number”, just tap seven times on it and message the will appear and says “Developer mode has been enabled“.
- After that go back you will see “Developer options” in the list, click on it.
- After clicking “Developer options” under “Debugging” section you will see “USB debugging” just click on it to check.
- That’s it your USB Debugging Mode is enabled..
Here is the video for “how to enable USB Debugging Mode” video by: Bojan Sekulovski
Now, How to root galaxy s4 i9500 with odin ? Follow these steps below:
1. If you skip “Things you do before rooting your device” please follow those steps first.
2. After that Download “CF-Auto-Root” zip file for your Galaxy s4 i9500 click here..
3. After downloading zip file extract the zip file on your desktop.
4. After that “power off” your device.
5. then, enter your device in “Download Mode/Odin Mode” if you don’t know how to do that click here.
6. Now run “Odin3-v3.07.exe” this application as Administrator.
7. Now connect your device via usb cable.
8. you will see “blue bar” in Odin application, that means your device connects to Odin successfully.
9. now click on PDA.
10. after clicking on PDA browser window opens, browser to cf_auto folder you downloaded before, there is file “CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5” something like this in this folder, browser to that file and click open.
11. then click “start” button.
12. it will take some time and it automatically reboot.. and your phone will be rooted.
This is the safest way to root your galaxy s4 i9500.
It will only work with s4 i9500, if you have s4 i9505 then don’t try this..
choose any of these custom recovery software to install.. it’s the same process to install these custom recovery software via odin..
please follow the same rooting steps to install twrp or philz touch software.